Although alternative fuel vehicles share many common components with conventional vehicles and follow similar maintenance schedules, each particular type of alternative fuel vehicle has its own quirks. Whether biodiesel or flex-fuel, each type may require certain maintenance schedules, repair techniques or specialty parts.
So what do you need to know besides the correct fueling modus operandi? From natural gas to propane, we’ve pulled together the maintenance information and repair issues for each vehicle type.
And no matter what kind of fuel powers your four wheels, it’s always a good idea to keep a small notebook in the glove compartment—to record dates and mileage of oil changes, tire rotations, etc. Whether you keep your car for one year or ten, it’s a valuable record that will help you keep an accurate record of regular maintenance and additional services on each vehicle.
- Diesel & Biodiesel Vehicle Maintenance Here you’ll find helpful tips for for keeping those common diesel gremlins at bay and “gotchas” to be aware of when running biodiesel fuel.
- Flex-fuel Vehicle Maintenance Flex-fuel vehicles are quite similar to their gasoline contemporaries, with just a few twists. Be aware of these peculiarities and enjoy trouble free E85 motoring.
- Natural Gas and Propane Vehicle Maintenance
Natural gas and propane powered vehicles have unique and specialized fuel storage systems that require a little more TLC than a regular gasoline vehicle. Learn just what to keep an eye on for safe and reliable driving.
- Hybrid Vehicle and Electric Vehicle Maintenance Maintaining your hybrid or electric car is not necessarily expensive or complicated. Learn why it may even save you time and money over a conventional car.
- Routine Maintenance Schedule for Alternative Fuel Vehicles
Follow this schedule of general routine maintenance for any type of alternative fuel vehicle you might own.