Pollution Prevention Highlights of the 2013 Used Oil & HHW Training and Conference
The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) and the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), invite you to attend the 2013 Used Oil/HHW Training & Conference entitled “Sharing Our Success for a Greener Future”.
WSPPN is Sponsoring the Emerging Issues Track for the Conference. WSPPN advisory board members and P2 colleagues designed much of the content for the track. It is a strong track featuring many P2 sessions of interest and we encourage P2 professionals to attend this year’s conference.
The training and conference is being held October 28-31, 2013 at the Sacramento Convention Center, 1400 J Street,
Sacramento, CA 95814. Please be sure to book your registration and hotel early.
Pricing and Registration
Trainings on October 28 and 29:
- $125 for one session
- $200 for two sessions
- $275 for three sessions
- $300 on or before October 1
- $350 after October 1
Check the Conference Site for up-to-date conference information:
Tuesday, October 29 from 8am to 12pm
WSPPN and EPA are hosting an introduction to green chemistry training taught by Rich Williams, a recognized instructor for the American Chemical Society Green Chemistry Institute.
This 4-hour course explores the 12 principals of green chemistry. Participants will exit the course with a good foundational understanding of green chemistry and receive a P2 Certificate from WSPPN.
Check back for pricing and registration information.
Emerging Issues/P2 Track
Check back for details regarding the Emerging Issues track. The session topics are outlined below (subject to change):
- Turning Waste Into Cash with Materials Exchange
- The Truth about Hydraulic Fracturing
- Transitional Extended Producer Responsibility for Safe Medicine Disposal
- EPR for Sharps and Pharmaceuticals
- EPR for Batteries
- Labels and Certification and Standards
- The Value of Comparative Hazard Assessments
- Product Stewardship: Voluntary or Mandatory?
- EPR Cafe
- Implementing a Green Business Program – Achieving Pollution Prevention through Partnerships
- Growing Green Business, Government, and Events + the Hawaii Green Intern Program
- Practical Approaches to Making Decisions on Alternative Products
WSPPN Winners of 2013 P2 Advocate of the Year Award to be Announced
Wednesday, October 30 during the Lunch Time Awards Ceremony
It’s a WSPPN tradition to give awards to noteworthy individuals who have made an impact in the P2 community. Winners will be announced on October 30 during the 2013 Used Oil and HHW Conference lunchtime awards ceremony.
Please give suggestions for who you feel is deserving of this prestigious award. Candidates must reside and work in EPA Region 9 (Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Samoa).