OTHER INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES ON POLLUTION PREVENTION
Following are other good sources for information about P2. Check also the EPA website: http://www.epa.gov; the EPA Pacific Southwest website: http://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/region9.html; the National Pollution Prevention Roundtable Website (NPPR) website: http://www.p2.org/; and Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange (P2Rx) website www.p2rx.org for resources by region.
WSPPN P2 Webinar Training
Following is a listing of recorded webinars on a variety of P2 topics; several webinars are follow-up to popular trainings/sessions at WSPPN conferences.
See 2012 Webinars:
- Fluorescent Lighting; Phosphor Shortages and Marketplace Strategies – Jun 27, 2012
- EPA’s Suite of P2 Measurement Tools Calculate GHG Reductions and Economic Savings – Jun 7, 2012
- How to Launch Green Business Programs in Communities Across the Nation – Apr 26, 2012
- Strategies and Tools for Green Procurement – Feb 7, 2012
- Hazardous Waste: the usual suspects and how to manage them – Jan 26, 2012
See 2011 Webinars:
- How to Take Advantage of Tax Incentives to Help Lower Your Energy Costs (BAE Case Study on Developing Energy Management Program) – Aug 18, 2011
- DfE Safer Product Labeling Program – Jun 23, 2011
- GLRPPR/EPA Region 5 Forum – May 12, 2011
- EPA Webinar Part II: Don’t Let the Threat of Bed Bugs Compromise your Sustainability Program – Apr 27, 2011
- WALKABILITY – a measure of pedestrian safety, accessibility and friendliness – Mar 8, 2011
- Feed-In Tariffs – A Renewable Energy Model for Everyone – Mar 18, 2011
- EPA Webinar Part I – Preventing Bed Bugs… or at Least the Next Closest Thing – Mar 23, 2011
- Charleen Fain – Keslar Speaks on California’s Vehicle Procurement Process and Strategies to Green – Feb 4, 2011
- Printing Industry – A case study on how the printing industry has responded to the demand for sustainability by its customers – Feb 8, 2011
- Successes and Challenges in Greening Hotel Chains – Feb 22, 2011
- Advanced Green Purchasing Through the Use of Trusted Ecolabels – Jan 20, 2011
See 2010 Webinars:
- “Fryer to Fuel & other Sustainable Biodiesel Models” Oct 4, 2010
- Water Efficiency for the Hospitality Sector Webinar Sep 21, 2010
- WEB 2.0 Social Media Webinar- Recorded on Jul 28, 2010
- How to Use the Green Business Database for GB Program Managers –Recorded on May 26, 2010
- GHG Reduction & Alternative Fuels For Fleets – Jan 20, 2010
See 2009 Webinars:
Biomimicry: Nature as Model, Measure, and Mentor – Aug 27, 2009
Overview of the P2 GHG Calculator and Cost Savings Calculator – Jun 18, 2009
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Draft Pollution Prevention Program Strategic Plan
Prevention Program Strategic Plan Date – Feb 26, 2009
Making a Difference for the Planet and Your Bottom Line with U.S. EPA Climate Partnership Programs – Jan 22, 2009
For all past WSPPN webinars, see:
Upcoming P2 Webinars
WSPPN Conference Proceedings
The conference presentations for the 2012 Used Oil + HHW + WSPPN training and conference are available on the conference website:
P2 Case Studies
The P2Rx home page provides access to case study databases. See http://www.p2rx.org/new_home/case_studies.cfm
Searchable by industry, process, waste reduced, company, state, P2Rx center, and year. Zero Waste Network provides technical specifications, information on cost and energy savings information. See: http://www.zerowastenetwork.org/success/
Searchable by SIC code and Industry sector, pollution prevention category, and selected waste streams, processes and pollutants. Environmental Sustainability Resource Center has case studies on pollution prevention, sustainability, EMS and Water, material and energy conservation. See http://www.p2pays.org/ias/case.asp.
Department of Energy (DOE)-Industrial Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) offers Case studies organized by company name, industry type, system area, data centers and utilities.
Industrial assessments more detailed than case studies. Searchable by company, state, industry type, system, and year.
The P2 InfoHouse is a searchable online collection of more than 50,000 pollution prevention (P2) related publications, fact sheets, case studies and technical reports; it is the largest single electronic resource for P2 information in the country. See: http://infohouse.p2ric.org
Topic Hubs™ are web-based guides to peer-reviewed pollution prevention information and expertise on a particular subject. There are 27 active topic hubs and 40 archived (historical) hubs.
Pollution Prevention Videos
The Pollution Prevention Regional Information Center (P2RIC) has downloadable Videos on a myriad of topics from recycling to pharmaceutical waste. You can view video segments on-line or download them for use in your Power Point presentation.