Links & References
A Pollution Prevention Perspective
Dental Home | Fact Sheets | Presentations | Links and References
The project team found information about dental chemicals in a number of sources: Published reference textbooks; dental society journals (some of which are on-line); peer-reviewed technical research papers; government websites; vendor literature; and trade publications and websites.
A selection of these reference sources are highlighted here. The reader is cautioned that this listing is meant to be illustrative only. Inclusion or exclusion of a particular book, organization, website, or vendor is not to be interpreted as either an endorsement or non-endorsement by the project team or its sponsors.
We suggest the following strategy to anyone wishing to research a new area of dentistry:
 start with online searching;
 identify key authors, publishers, and dental society working groups that are active in your interest area;
 read the readily available web-published materials;
 develop a list of your unanswered questions;
 approach the key authors with these questions; and
 read the new materials that these sources recommend to you.
- Craig, Robert, and J. Powers, Restorative Dental Materials, 11th ed., Mosby/Elseivier, St. Louis, 2002.
- Van Noort, Richard, Introduction to Dental Materials, 2nd ed., Mosby/Elseivier, St. Louis, 2002.
Dental Society Journals
- Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA)
- Journal of the California Dental Association
- Journal of the Canadian Dental Association
Peer-Reviewed and Other Technical Literature
- DentalArticles.Com This website leads the researcher into prepared searches in PubMed.
- Organization for Safety and Asepsis Procedures
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology
- Center for Disease Control – Search for “Dental” or similar key words
- US Dept. of Labor – OSHA
- Bisco, Inc., Research Reports
- Patterson Dental